Monday 21 February 2011

Christening my Room



















I have just started cardmaking and scrapbooking again this week.  Its all because I now have a special place to work in.  I've taken down my therapy room (very mixed feelings about this) and have transformed it into an office/craft room.

At first it felt very difficult to make this transition.  I'd been thinking about it for a whole year.  Was I finally turning my back on a business that I had spent many years working on and in?  Was this the right thing to do?

Equally I could rationalise that I only have clients on one day a week and all the people that come to me now are good friends and that they would be happy for me to work from my bedroom.

The results have been positive.  Its been a successful change-over and I've made about 20 cards over the last week and one scrapbook page this evening.

The room gives me good ZEN! Peace, relaxation, a place to be creative.  It's still not finished however.  I still need to sell the theapy couch which is currently being used as a table and I then need to purchase a fabulous 'curry' (don't you just love the names) table combination from IKEA.  It's a little frustrating however:  the table-top and legs will only cost £35 but so does the delivery. So, £70 in total.  Oh for a man with a van!

The scrapbook page I've done this morning was inspired by a design challenge set at Creative Craft World.

4 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Welcome back to scrapping, Ali! That's a fab page. Thank you for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Jenny said...

I love the summery feel to your page x

Sarah said...

Lovely LO and what great photos!

Sarah xx

susibee said...

Gosh, you have been busy this week - thanks for taking time out to do the Creative Craft World challenge. I love your page.